B.Sc Medical Record Technology Admission 2018, Eligibility, Syllabus & Top Colleges
B.Sc Medical Record Technology
Bachelor of Science or B.Sc in Medical Record Technology (MRT) is one of the popular paramedical degree programmes. It is the 3 years long undergraduate full-time academic programme in the field of medical. The course follows the semester system with a total of 6 semesters. The duration of each semester is 6 months. The average tuition fee for this course ranges in between INR 3 to 4 lacs. The fee payment can be done either semester-wise or yearly-wise.Here you get the complete information about B.sc Medical Record Technology syllabus, admissions and top colleges 2018.
During this course, students learn how to maintain and manage information and records in a healthcare environment. In addition, medical record technician possess the computer skills, medical billing techniques and knowledge pertaining to medical terminology. This course enables the students to prepare and maintain patient’s record. By seeing the medical record of the patient, doctors can smoothly continue the treatment of patient.
B.Sc Medical Record Technology syllabus
Year-I (1 & 2 Semester)
- Communicative English
- Computer Application
- Basic Human Sciences
- Heath Insurance
- Essentials of Health Insurance
- Introduction to Medical Record Science
Year-3 (5&6 Semester)
- Medical Coding
- Hospital Statistics
- Hospital Information System
- General Statistics and Biostatistics
- National Programmes and Data Sharing
- Project Work/Dissertation
Job Opportunities after B.Sc Medical Record Technology
There are ample of career opportunities for medical record technologists. Job prospects are excellent for these technicians. These candidates can get job in government owned public and private hospitals.
Diverse job opportunities are available in
- Health care centres
- Hospital clinics
- Multi faculty hospitals
- Rural health centres
- Nursing homes
- NGOs and community health centres
After the successful completion of this course, candidates can apply for job profiles like
- Medical record technician
- Billing professional and front desk receptionist
Aspiring candidates can also go for higher studies after successfully completing this course. Students can further pursue postgraduate course (M.Sc.) in medical record technology.
Some of the leading recruiters are:
- Max Healthcare
- Fortis Hospital
- Apollo Hospital
Salary Offered after B.Sc in Medical Record Technology
A candidate can get the minimum salary of around INR 10,000/- to 15,000/- at fresher lecel.. Salary for this job rises steadily for more experienced workers. Pay scale varies in private and government sector.
B.Sc Medical Record Technology Course Eligibility
The requisite qualification for taking admission into this course is higher secondary examination passed in any stream from any well-recognized board by securing minimum aggregate of 45% marks. Science students will get preference for admission. The minimum passing marks for SC/ST category candidates is 40% marks.
Admission Procedure for B.Sc Medical Record Technology
- The first step for taking admission into this course is filling the application form.
- Aspirants can get application form either online or offline mode.
- The colleges provide admission into this course either on the basis of entrance test or merit basis.
- Based on the marks in 12th examination, the colleges prepared the merit list of eligible candidates.
- Students have to visit the college in person for the completion of admission formalities.