DIPLOMA IN HOSPITALITY AND TOURISM MANAGEMENT
Objectives: This course aims to provide students with a managerial orientation towards tourism and hospitality management and appreciation of the mechanism of the hospitality and tourism industry; understanding of the management and organization involved in the provision and consumption of the hospitality and tourism products and services. It is designed to prepare students for supervisory and management level responsibilities in the Hospitality and Tourism sector and equip with an integrated knowledge of management principles and the operations of the Tourism and Hospitality industry. Graduates of the Diploma in Hospitality and Tourism Management course can proceed to the Advanced Diploma in Hospitality and Tourism Management course.
Course Duration: Full time course consists of 8 modules and an industrial attachment.
6 months of Institutional study and 6 months of industrial attachment. The course will be completed within 12 months.
Lesson Time: 15 hours every week. There will be no classes conducted during public holidays and school holidays. Course Modules: The 8 modules and an industrial attachment are:-
1. DIBM 104 Organizational Behaviour & Culture,
2. DIBM 105 Principles of Accounting,
3. DIBM 107 Principles of Management,
4. DIBM 108 Principles of Marketing,
5. DIHTM 101 Food and Beverage Service Operations,
6. DIHTM 102 Front Office Operations Management,
7. DIHTM 103 Tourism Systems and the Environments,
8. DIHTM 104 Hotel Convention Sales and Services,
9. DIHTM 105 Industrial Attachment Optional
10. DIBM 102 Business Statistics , 11. DIBM 103 International Economics
Course Intake: January, April, July and October of the year Pre-requisites:
● Age : 16 years old & above
● Academic level: At least 10 years of formal education or equivalent or pass the placement test of SCI or One
year and above relevant working experience
● Language Proficiency: English Language with IELTS 5.5 & above or GCE ‘O’ Level graded C6 or better or pass SCI language proficiency test or equivalent.
Mode of Assessment:
● Internal Assessment: This course is assessed by written Assignments and Test 40% & written examinations 60% and passed 6-month industrial attachment.
Course Completion & Certification:
● Local students (Singaporeans & PR) and students with Dependent Pass, attendance must not less than 75% and not absent for more than 7 days in a row.
● International students’ (Student’s Pass holders) attendance must not less than 90% and not absent for more than 7 days in a row.
● Upon completion of the 8 modules and an industrial attachment, those who fulfill the required attendance and pass all the assessments will be awarded an Diploma in Hospitality and Tourism Management by SCI.
12 months course
$500.00 (For those who need student’s pass)
Total Application Fee*
FPS Admin Fee
Medical Insurance Fee
Certificate Producing Fee
(inclusive of GST, exclusive of International Students Service Fee)
*Application fee is not refundable, for student who do not need student’s pass, the application fee is $214
international Students Service Fee of $535 (including : arrangement of accommodation, airport pick-up, sending to hostel, sending to school for the first time, sending for medical checkup (students who are 15 years and above), collection of Student Pass at ICA, opening of bank account, purchasing of transport card, familiarizing of Singapore’s environment)
Fee Protection Scheme (FPS):
DOCUMENTS REQUIRE AT THE TIME OF REGISTRATION
1. One copy of the duly completed student enrollment application form
2. Photocopy of the student’s passport (First page)
3. Two passport-sized photographs of the student (white background)
4. Parents’ passport photocopy (first page) / parents’ NRIC photocopy
5. The following notarized documents with English translation (To be prepared first. After the approval of student’s pass, relevant information will have to be provided according to ICA’s requirements)
● Notarized copy of the student’s Birth Certificate
● Notarized copy of the student’s highest educational certificates (students who are currently studying may request the school to produce a verification letter before the notarization)
● Notarized copy of the student’s transcripts (students who are currently studying may request the school to produce a verification letter before the notarization)
● Notarized copy of the student’s or his/her parents’ bank account (saving period must be above 3 months, and above one hundred and fifty thousand RMB dollars inside the account)- only applicable to students holding China passport
19 years above students holding China Passport should provide the following documents:
1. Four notarized documents as mentioned to be authenticated by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in China or any authorized Foreign Affair Bureau of any provinces. (A non-refundable service charge of $535 inclusive of 7% GST should the college be entrusted on this matter)
2. Verification of student’s parents’ annual income in both English and Chinese.
3. If the parents are self-employed, relevant business license should be provided.
4. Study plan stating the purpose of studying overseas in both English and Chinese.
Applicants should know:
1. The application fee of $535 or $214 is non-refundable and non-transferable.
2. After paying for the application fee, the school will verify if the student fulfills the admission requirements. Next, the letter of offer will be issued and the students are required to pay for the outstanding fees.
3. ICA will request for an Issuance Fee of $60 – $90 upon the approval of student pass.
4. Students might be required by ICA to go for medical check-up, at a fee of $40 – $60.
5. Students who are 16 years and above, a Security Deposit of $1000 – $5000 will be required by ICA. The Security Deposit can be furnished in the form of a Banker’s Guarantee from any bank in Singapore, at a charge of $224.70 – $481.50.
6. Students have to sign the student contract and make full payment of all fees one month before the commencement of the course.
7. Local students (Singaporean & PR) and international students who do not need to apply for student’s pass, and have already possessed own medical insurance, they have an option not to purchase the medical insurance from the school, but are required to submit the purchased insurance documents to the school.
8. Payment method:Cheque/Telegraphic Transfer (TT)/NETS/Cash. For every remittance, an extra $30 must be added for bank commission.